Located in the County Seat of Tonopah, Nevada, the Nye County Treasurer’s Office is the property tax collector for several taxing entities within Nye County including:
- The Towns of:
- Round Mountain
- The Nye County School District
- The State of Nevada
DUE DATES AND GRACE PERIODS
Per Nevada Revised Statutes 361.483
- 1st installment – Due: August 19, 2019, Delinquent after: August 29, 2019
- 2nd installment – Due: October 7, 2019, Delinquent after: October 17, 2019
- 3rd installment – Due: January 6, 2020, Delinquent after: January 16, 2020
- 4th installment – Due: March 2, 2020, Delinquent after: March 12, 2020
More than 59,000 property tax bills are mailed by the County Treasurer’s Office annually. The County Assessor sets the assessed value and the County Commissioners set the tax rates for the County.
In the current fiscal year, the property tax collection will exceed $26.7 million. The Treasurer is also responsible for collecting all additional monies due other County departments such as fees for services, licenses, and special assessments.
Tax revenue and other miscellaneous monies are receipted, deposited, and distributed to the various funds according to the tax rates for each department determined by the Nye County Commissioners. The Treasurer is also responsible for investing surplus monies until they are needed for County operations and obligations.
The Nye County Treasurer’s Office makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, its use, or its interpretation.